Saturday, March 17, 2012

Today is the day.  I head out in about an hour and a half to the remote villages of Alaska.  Natives - indigenous to this land.  Religious beliefs that are not the same as mine, but an opportunity to share the good news with these people that God, our Savior, loves. 

Now is not the time to stop praying.  Be in prayer constantly.  Pray together in groups.  Lift me and my team up as we boldly confess the word of God.  Pray that God is glorified through each of us.  That we - my group - edify one another - sharpening one another in the name of God.  Pray that no weapon would come at us that would prosper. 

My friends and family, love these people as God loves them.  Ask God to open your eyes to the love He already has for them.  Whether it is the people of Alaska, or your neighbor across the street.  Love the ones that are hardest to love.  Ask God to open your heart to that love. 

I don't expect this journey to be easy.  I do not want easy.  I want Jesus.  We know His story.  His life.  The journey He took on this earth.  He came in the form of man, to be ridiculed, beaten, betrayed, spit on, persecuted - eventually death - for you and for me - AND for these people.  I go on this journey for the name above all names - the king of Kings and lord of Lords - the Alpha and the Omega - Jesus Christ.  I will endure hardships and experience joys beyond recognition for His name alone. I go and I love for Him. 

*****************************

I should be back in a few days where I can update you with all that happened in these villages.  Pray - Pray - Pray. 

I love you and may God bless you today and always
In Christ's Name
~Anna~

No comments:

Post a Comment