Sunday, March 4, 2012

~Philippians 4:19~
And my God will meet all your needs
according to his glorious riches
in Christ Jesus.

God has met every need.  Exceeded my expectations.  Without Him, I am no one.  Without Him, this trip to Alaska would not be possible.
I am so thankful for the doors He has opened, the provisions He has made for me, little ole me, to go to Alaska to serve Him - to share His love - His salvation - with others.  
Although I have not met a single person face to face, I love each of the faces already.  I dream of the people in this little village, I pray for these people, and soon, I will be hugging and laughing and crying with these amazing people.  Yes - they are amazing.  God has created each one of them in His image.  He knows the hairs on their heads and desires to have a relationship with each and every one of them.  
They are the Athabascans.  Native to the Interior Region, the Athabascans have been living, hunting, working for centuries -- traditions that have carried on from generation to generation.  They diverged from the Navajo Indians but from what I have studied, the Athabascans have always felt they derived from the Interior Region of Alaska.
Navajo - Athabascans - American - Indian - European - Russian, it doesn't matter to me... They are the creation of God and I love them, and thrilled beyond words to have an opportunity to share God with them, to love them, to talk with them, to play in the dirt/snow with them... 

I wrote this village a poem... Please be aware - I am not the best poet....

Faces with smiles
Eyes that glow
Longing for an embrace
Only God can show.
How He can use me
O how He can love
These wonderful people
He watches from above.
I long to hug them
And sing them a song
A song of salvation
They've been loved all along.
Created in the image
Of our Father up above
These amazing people
Are highly favored and loved.


I ask that you continue to pray with me as I leave in a week and a half.  I so look forward to sharing with you - my followers - all the amazing blessings that I expect and KNOW will happen.  God will be glorified!

With all my love -
~Anna~

No comments:

Post a Comment