Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jesus Loves the little children....

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow black and white
They are precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

I returned to Anchorage today after 4 days in the Interior Region of Alaska.  4 days of seeing God's mighty hand at work in me, through me - in others and through others.  His light was shining bright.  Did you see it where you were at?  I have to think - to believe that you did.  

It has been 5 months now that I have been praying.  5 months since I have been dreaming.  5 months since I have known that this week was to be a week laid out specifically for the purpose of me and the others to go to a small village in the Interior Region of Alaska.  5 months of loving the faces of kids, adults and elders I did not even know yet.  

It has been 15 hours since I have left the village.  15 hours since the first tear streamed down my face as I waved goodbye to a little fellow and his dog as I watched him walk to school and my team and I drove off.  15 hours since I saw the Tribal Hall.  15 hours since I saw the signs saying "thank you" for keeping their village clean.  15 hours since my heart left me.

I sit here in my room in a church in Anchorage and I type these words and tears stream down my face knowing that I really do not know when I will see M or S or T or E or B or D or R or E or E or B or any of the other kids and parents and elders again.  Oh dear Lord - my Savior, my King - you know where my heart is and you so graciously opened this door for me to go and see them, to love them, to cry with them as I shared my story, to hug them - to kiss their heads - to hold their hands, to sing with them, to laugh with them and be silly with them.... Oh Lord, I pray that you would open the doors for me to come back - to go back and be a steady person in their lives for days, weeks, months - years to come.  

They have my heart.  God has been so good.  God shined bright and all the glory goes to Him!!!!  He is my everything.  He is my love.  He is my world and I owe Him my life and I look forward to continue giving Him my life for Him to be glorified.

KIDS - if you are reading this... I am coming back soon!!!!  I miss you already!!!  
PARENTS - if you are reading this.... I am coming back soon!!!!  I miss you already!!!
ELDERS - if you are reading this.... I am coming back soon!!!!!  I miss you already!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! We miss you too Anna! So happy for you and all the wonderful blessings. Everytime I read your posts I get teary eyed. I love you!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete