Monday, July 9, 2012

Proverbs 19:21

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

How many times have we made plans only to see those plans fail?  For myself, I can say that that has happened too many times.  It has only been in the last few years that I have truly given up on making plans.  For who knows better than God what is right for me?  I know that I can't create up a future that would be better fitting to glorify Him.  If however, I am not living my life for Christ, then sure, I guess it is easy to imagine a future of bright neon lights.  But are we not suppose to give our life completely over to Christ when we accept Him as our Lord and Savior?  Doesn't that include our plans?  Absolutely!  For if we live for Christ, then Christ lives in us and He will direct our paths. 

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Is it not true then if we do trust the Lord with all of our heart and acknowledge him in all our ways then He truly does have the best plan for you and for me?

In my desires to go to Alaska to serve the Lord in a mission capacity, I have had to realize the possibilities that God could change those up at the very last minute.  As much as my heart desires to go to Alaska to serve the Lord and work with the indigenous population, I wonder how much of that future plan is my plan and not the Lord's?  I am trying to be transparent, to share with you the struggle that I have.  I know that I am not the only one.  I try to be intentional in my prayer and in seeking and listening to what God has for me.  I know that whatever it is, as long as I continue to seek Him with all of my heart, all of my soul, He will guide me to the place or places He has that will benefit His kingdom.  So, in knowing that, I am willing to go anywhere and do anything He has me to do because He is my King and He is my Savior. 


We must get rid of the idea of me and get into the idea of HIM.

I love you and pray that God will continue to lead you for His glory.  I pray that if you are standing face to face in persecution that you will fill the presence of the Holy Spirit.  Stay strong and know that you are being prayed for.  For God is with you today and always!  

Much Love 
~Anna~  

No comments:

Post a Comment