Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Walk - Jesus Saves

I feel the need to share a little something about myself that some may or may not know. I came to Alabama, primarily Samford University on faith.  I felt the Lord calling me out of Atlanta to pursue His calling in my life. 
For months prior to this calling, I had been talking with my father quite frequently about some of the things that I felt God was doing in my life.  In many ways, it felt like a deep anointing, one that I knew was going to be life changing.  As I continued to seek God's will and pray and study God's word, I felt in September 2010 that I was to go to Samford.  So, I contacted the school and made a trip.  I was accepted and started in January of 2011. 
Prior to my moving, the Holy Spirit was really active in my life, letting me know that despite the huge changes I was making, it was all for the Lord.  That was what I wanted.  I wanted nothing more (and I still want this) than for the Lord to be glorified in my life.  The life I was leading, the church I was at did not exemplify the true word of God, rather man-made beliefs. 
As I moved to Birmingham and began to settle into the routine of University life, I began to drown in self-doubt.  I was totally alone, or so it felt.  I had no family and was fairly friendless.  I began to suffer from serious anxiety and one day, on a whim, I went and purchased a sketch book.  Now, I am no artist, but I really wanted to draw and color.  So, I began to fill the pages of this sketch book.  I noticed that all I ever drew were crosses, and gifts for the Lord.  I found comfort and peace drawing for Him.  The drawing then manifested into painting and for Christmas, I was able to paint each one of my family members a painting depicting a Bible verse, I felt the Holy Spirit lead me to.
Since being in Birmingham, God has made the calling in my life really known - Missions - full-time.  I remember being about 12 and feeling that was what God wanted me to do, but never did pursue that due to fleshy desires.
I am thankful that God has truly changed me.  I wanted the change and was willing to find His truth rather than to be filled with lies. 
I am now preparing for my first trip to Alaska to spread the Word of God, the Love of God and my testimony to a small godless village.  I have felt Alaska for a long time, and believe that is where I will be moving to when I graduate.  I have a heart for these people.  There are approximately 710,000 people that live in Alaska and roughly 100,000 of them live in the Interior Region (Fairbanks is located there).  The Interior Region is where I feel called.  The little village I will be visiting in March is in this region and is truly in need of the Holy Spirit.  I pray that the group I go with can see the harvest of sown seeds in the lives of these people.  I pray and ask the Lord to open even more doors for me as I go so that I may find a mission organization or group to join for when I do go up there.  He is already led me to a Missionary that lives and works in Alaska, and maybe his ministry is where I will be.  I don't know.  I just thank God for changing me, for loving me, for redeeming me, for dying for me. 
If you are reading this and do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is pray to Him.  Tell Him you believe He is the Son of God, that He came and died for you and me, and is now sitting at the right side of God.  Ask Him to forgive you for your sins.  The Holy Spirit will come and dwell inside of your heart.  I am here.  I will pray with you and encourage you as you walk with the Lord.  He will always be with you. 
The Bible says in Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. 
I will be that other person for you. 
I love you, my brothers and sisters in Christ.  For all things are possible through Christ (Philippians 4:13). 
In Christ's Name,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment