Thursday, March 24, 2011

Trying Something New

Ok, so this is my first time ever blogging.  The whole point of blogging is to begin capturing the things that are happening to me on regular basis with what God is doing in my life.  I am going to begin with my first trip I made to Samford University back in October 2010 and then start a new blog following it, that way I can somewhat keep order of what has happened to me.  I wrote this as a note in facebook and essentially just carrying it over into this blog.  I hope you enjoy...
**********************************************************************************
October 16, 2010

So, today was the day.  I felt a few weeks ago that I needed to transfer schools from Georgia Perimeter College to Samford University.  It came like a fire and there was no mistaking that it was all God.  Prior to me making arrangements to go and visit the school, I had been feeling a stir in my spirit for outreach.  A few weeks ago, there was no mistaking that God’s calling He called on my life when I was 11/12, was back and it was back with a fire that was undeniable and I was to go out and do mission work – medical missions.
Now, my father, grandfather and grandmother all attended Samford University and when I was younger, my father even took me to the University b/c he so badly wanted one of his kids to attend.  I laughed!!!  I said I would NEVER attend this university let alone live in Alabama.  Boy, am I ever eating my words.
I called the school and signed up for the Preview Day to attend today.  Now, my mom was to go with me but at the last minute she was unable to go.  It was meant to be.  I got in the car this morning and headed out at 5:09am.  As I drove west on I-20, I had a lot of time to spend with God.  I asked that I be doing His will on my life.  If this was not Him for Him to make it not possible for me to go.  So, as I drove, I listened to praise and worship music, listened to CD’s of Andy Stanley and spent intimate moments with God.  It was powerful.  He was in the car with me.  He never left my side.
As I crossed the Chatha River (sp), and entered into the Birmingham area, I was taken back and immediately felt at home.  I felt that this was where I was suppose to be.  It embraced me.
I got to the school and walked up to the building and it was so amazing to see the name of the building – Leslie Stephens Wright.  It put the biggest smile on my face.  It told me that my church family was with me.  It was awesome.  As I walked into this amazing auditorium, I sat in the middle section, empty row in the middle.  I sat there and noticed an amazing organ and the most amazing organ pipes I had ever seen.  All I could think about was hearing someone playing.  It was like the angels played music while I was there.
As I sat alone, the row I sat in began to fill in.  On my right, it filled up right up to the seat next to me, it was left empty.  On my left, it filled all the way up to me.  As I sat there, surrounded by 16, 17 and 18 year olds with their parents, I began to feel like I was no longer in the right place.   I was there alone – I was the only one there alone.  So I began to second guess myself, and as soon as I began to second guess myself, God spoke to me and said, “Do you remember the words spoken over you a few weeks ago?  That I was taking you out of your comfort zone, where you would feel alone, but I would be there with you?   Look to your right, that empty chair you see, I am sitting right beside you.  I am here with you, Anna. “  It took everything in me to not burst out into tears.  I immediately was restored and new that I truly was where He wanted me.
As the morning went on I decided to not attend the tour where the students went through the dorms.  I wanted to spend some time talking to students and asking questions about this and that.  After about 30 minutes or so, it was time for my group to go and learn more about Financial Aid.  They separated the students from their parents to go in different directions, and just as I was about to head out with the students, one of the young ladies at the school said to me that it might benefit me to go with the parents.  LOL.  I couldn’t help but laugh.  Ahhh…. I of course headed out with the parents to learn more about the financial responsibilities I was about to take on.  Wow, the cost of this private school is outrageous, but I know that God has opened all the doors to bring me to this place.
Finally, the session was over and it was time to head over to the gym to gather information from the Nursing school and learn more about the School of Missions.  I learned so much and I am so excited about all the amazing opportunities that are offered to help me go where God is taking me.
Well, the preview day ended and I took a walk around the campus.  My father told me to make sure to head over to go see Mr. Beeson’s statue and get my picture taken.  As I headed out, I couldn’t help but be swept away with the endless visions of myself studying and walking and learning and just being apart of something bigger than myself.  As I walked through the yard, I saw the top of a chapel in the distance.  I walked through the yard and got to the clearing.  I saw the chapel in the distance, it was about 2 football fields away and it was an opening between the trees.  So beautiful.  As I stood there, I decided to take a picture.  I pulled my phone out of my pocket, steadied my hand and focused the camera.  I pressed the button and when the picture came up I was amazed at what came out.  It was a picture of the chapel but the chapel wasn’t there.  Instead, it was the image of God in a bright light.  Check out the pictures and you will see what I am talking about.  It was another moment  that God spoke to me telling me that I was where He has called me to be.  After I took that picture, I took another picture and you can see the chapel clearly.
I am asking that each of you who read this pray for me.  Pray that I will do His will.  I want more than anything to serve our Father in Heaven and to reach the lost.  I feel with all of my being that He has called me to Samford University to learn more so that I may be able to go out and tell people about Him and lead them to the Lord.  I ask that you pray for strength and wisdom so that I may hear Him clearly.  I am looking to begin in January 2011 so that means my time here in Atlanta is short.  I will be commuting on the weekends back to Atlanta because there are still things I need to do here.  I just ask for your prayers.  I love you all so much and you all mean so much to me.  I am grateful for each of you because you have helped me on my walk with Christ.  Thank you for your encouragement and prayers without even knowing.  Some of you have confirmed and spoken to me words that have been so timely and I thank you for being obedient.  May God bless each and everyone of you and I pray that He answer your prayers and give you the desires of your heart.  Seek Him earnestly, He is returning soon.  He is coming for His bride.  Are you ready?  Let us let go and Let GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment