Thursday, March 24, 2011

Keep On Keeping On

It is kind of hard to trace your steps when it covers 5 or so months, but I will do my best to recall. 

I knew that Samford was definitely where I was to go and began making strides to make my way out there, looking for an apartment and in which areas I wanted to live in.  It seemed like I looked endlessly on the internet for a place and found many that I liked.  Then, one day, I wrote down about 20 or so numbers to call on and knock out the ones that wouldn't accept my dog - Kody - he is a german shepherd.  The very first # I called, and it was on the 2nd page, don't ask why I chose to call that one first, but I called it and to my surprise it was an apartment locator.  I spoke to the nice lady and set up an appointment for me to drive out to B'ham and find me a place.  I think I got there around 11 CST and we talked about this and that and then we headed out.  The first place was nice, small but nice and there was a trail that led right up to the Vulcan which was cool.  I just didn't feel it was right.  We drove over to the 2nd property and I had an overwhelming sensation take over me when we drove up.  I knew this place was it.  We got up to the door but she didn't have the key.  LOL.  We headed out - back to her office and picked up the key and on our way out she took me to another place.  I honestly can't remember what that place looked like.  We came back to the 2nd place, and as soon as she opened the door, tears streamed down my face.  I knew this was it.  I didn't even have to go through the entire place, I just knew this was where God was placing me.  I called my dad, told him and we went back to her place and I filled out the application. 
I of course got the apartment and on Jan. 15, I packed up all my belongings and had my sister, bro-in-law, mom, niece and nephew head out this way with me to unload.  I went back home to Ga. and moved in officially on the 17th. 
I was here a week before I started school.  My dad came to visit and we had a great time.  In that first week, I was blessed with the opportunity to witness to the cable guy.  That was awesome.  Oh and I even witnessed to some folks up at Applebee's too. 
I started school and though I knew no one, I loved where I was.  2 months later, I am still loving my apartment. 
Not only am I loving my place, God has placed me in an amazing Church - The Church at Brook Hills.  I didn't even know it but God placed that church before me about 4 times before I went there and I didn't even realize it.  This upcoming Sunday will be my first new members class I will be attending and I am so excited about that.  The first Baptist Church I will be a member at in about 17 years. 
I reconnected with a dear dear friend of mine, Kelly, who lives about 20 minutes away and have been able to meet her entire family.  She probably doesn't realize it, but she has been a rock to me since I moved out here.  I tell you, you truly know a best friend when you can be separated for 15+ years and still pick up where you left off. 
God has opened so many doors for me here and I am so thankful.  Even if people thought I was crazy for coming here or thinking I didn't belong, I knew what God was telling me and I followed His lead.  That is what it is all about.  Doing what He wants for your life and not what others want for your life.  I think we get so caught up in what others want and dictate for us that we close ourselves off to God and what He is trying to tell us. 
I pray for you who read this that God will work in your lives the way He is working in mine.  That you seek Him - hunger for Him - thirst for Him daily.  Pray and read His Word.  He is alive.  His return is soon.  Prepare yourselves now.  If you don't know Him, ask Him into your heart.  All he wants is for you to follow him - he will do the rest.
God Bless you my friends - I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment