Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sometimes

12:37 am
It has been a good day today.  I didn't get much sleep last night for several reasons.  1 - I was up a bit too late responding to a reflection question for my Theology class on what the cross means.  2 - I think I was too worried about getting up late and missing class.
I did get up on time but ended up with only a few hours of sleep.
Today has been good, as I mentioned before.  In my quiet time with God, it is becoming more and more apparent that what I need to do is get rid of my TV's.  I think for several reasons I am being drawn to remove them from my home, but one is that it is a major distraction from my studies and more importantly with no tv, it will give me more time to focus on God and be in his word.  Another reason I feel that I am to get rid of my tv's is that since I feel called to the mission field, I think that in this time, I will be preparing myself to be without the things that I am so accustom too.  I know that many people may think I am just down right crazy, but you know, I would rather spend all my time on what God has for me than what this world would rather use to bring me down and pull me from Him.

I want so badly for others to experience God the way I do.  I am so in love!  I hunger for Him, I thirst for Him in such a way that I don't want any distractions to keep me from being so in love.  I don't ever want to lose it.  My sister said that she at one time in her life had a very intimate relationship with Him and that when it was gone, it was gone.  I don't want that.  I yearn for Jesus.  I can close my eyes and see myself wrapped up in his arms.  It is so beautiful.  He has provided me with everything i need and then some.
Isaiah 12:2 - Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
I pray that for whomever is reading this will find strength in God.  There is no greater joy than living a life for him.  The reward is so much greater than anything you can imagine.
Stay strong in the footholds of God's truth.
Read your bible and pray.
God Bless my brothers and sisters.
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment