Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sometimes it is hard to believe that I am actually going to Alaska.  I am not going to site see, or do all the amazing things that Alaska offers to visitors, rather I am going to go and share the gospel with a group of people who do not know him as their Lord and Savior.
One of my most favorite verses:
Mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
This verse has been so powerful to me.  I have had a desire to go to Alaska for years now, and at first, it was only to visit - do a cruise.  However, as my faith in Christ has grown, my desire to see Alaska has changed into a desire to see the people grow into their own faith with Christ.  

I leave in 4 weeks from today.  I am so thankful to all the amazing people in my life who have helped make this possible.  I don't want to be a downer with what I am about to say, but rather allow God's amazing love and mercy be shown.
For about 3 years now, I have wanted to move to Alaska, to do God's work there.  I was not yet at the place in my life to go - I was not spiritually ready.  I remember when God told me to move to Birmingham to go to school.  I was going to a church in Atlanta and I remember the pastor telling me that I didn't belong and that I shouldn't go.  He also said to me - I thought you were going to Alaska, not Alabama.  As much as my flesh wanted to retort his stinging words, I let his words go and listened to God.   
I made the move to Birmingham and have seen the blessings of trusting the Holy Spirit.  Although I wanted to go right then and there, I knew that the timing was off.  I didn't know all the things I needed to do - to see - to experience - to even change in my own life before I would eventually make plans to go.  God has had a plan, a divine plan.  He pulled from a place that was filled with deception and guided me away from a life that was not of him.  He has placed me ever so gently in a location that was what I needed.  It was not what others thought were good for me, but what God had for me.

There is so much I really want to say - to share - to expose myself in a way that may help others learn about our Savior.  However, at this time, I don't feel it is right.  I pray that God will use me and my testimony in a way that He can be glorified.  I know that this trip is His divine plan.  He opened the door for me to go.  It is amazing how when you put all your faith in Him what doors He opens.  He truly does give you the desires of your heart.
I am going to leave with several Bible verses posted.  May they impact you as much as they impact me.
2 Timothy 3:16- 17 
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, 
rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 
so that the man of God may be thoroughly 
equipped for every good work.
1 John 1:8-9
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves 
and the truth is not in us.  If we confess
our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive
us our sins and purify us from
all unrighteousness.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate.  For wide is the gate and broad
is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
But small is the gate and narrow the 
road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
Be intentional in your prayer.  Seek God's direction, not man!  I love you my brother and sister!  I am praying for you!
With much love - 
~Anna~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment