Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 3, Kenai Peninsula


For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. 
Ephesians 2:8-10

For the past two weeks, me and two other staff members have been serving groups coming in for short-term mission trips who do Backyard Bible Clubs at a transition home and a park.  This week the group that came in was much larger than any other we have had.  Therefore, we needed to split the group up because of the size, which has allowed us to go another local park.  
We split this large group into 4 parts, me taking 5 of the members to this new park.  I must admit, that first day when my eyes looked at the park for the first time I was not so sure we were doing the right thing.  BUT, with a positive outlook we got the group out of the van and split into 2 teams and did a prayer walk around the park.  We prayed over grim apartment complexes and torn down homes, having very little interaction with people and when we did they just looked away.  So with the help of the Holy Spirit I began to pray out loud and with each word I got louder and louder claiming victory in the place of where we were.  We prayed that the Lord would break the chains that the devil has been hoarding over them for so very long.  We claimed victory in conversation and opportunities for witness. As soon as I said amen, God answered a prayer and opened the door for us to see 3 children and 3 adults.  One of the kids on my team was astonished that the prayer was answered so quickly.  We went over to the people and invited them over to the park and they agreed to come the following day.  

CHAINS ARE BROKEN

This story sums up the week.  If I shared with you everything that has happened this week I would be writing a novel.   I have seen this week God's mercy and love poured out in ways I can't express.  Maybe its because when it boils down to me talking about the majesty and wonders of our King, there are no words adequate enough to describe Him and HIS work.  That leads me to say, that despite ourselves, despite our waywardness, our sin, our lack of, too much of, and us trying to go to the right when God wants to go to the LEFT, this MINISTRY is HIS... it is NOT ours, mine, yours, or anyone else.  This is all about GOD... AND because of that WE see HIS works being done through us.  It is by HIS mercy and grace, HIS love and kindness that we can be vessels to share the love and shine HIS light for HIS GLORY not our own. 

With all my love - 
~Anna~
Some pics from the week
Young girl after the Bike Clinic

Park Ministry 
Sweet baby moose calf

Moose calf's momma

Park ministry

Park Party 
Portage Glacier

Portage Glacier

Me in front of a Glacier!!!  Do you know how exciting this is for me???  It is one of the greatest things these eyes have seen.  And to be this close... I love anything and all things ICE!!!  God has given me the desires of my heart.  Praise HIM, praise HIM, praise HIM!!!!!

1 comment: